Wild video shows disgraced former MLB Cy Young winner Trevor Bauer looking dazed and confused as he stepped out of his mangled, $600,000 McLaren after a scary T-bone crash this week — and immediately exclaimed, “Dude, what the f–k?”
Bauer, who has not played in a Major League baseball game since 2021 after he was accused of sexual assault, was hit by another vehicle while driving Wednesday afternoon in Scottsdale, Arizona, where he was receiving treatment for an injury.
Video obtained by TMZ shows a bystander running up to the McLaren 765LT moments after it came to a rest facing the wrong way after it hit a street pole.
“Holy s–t. Dude, don’t move too fast. That was a direct hit,” the man tells Bauer as the pitcher climbs across the passenger seat and steps out of the wrecked car, according to the clip.
“Dude, what the f–k?” replied a confused-sounding Bauer.
The bystander filmed the extensive damage to the luxury vehicle, with the driver’s side completely crushed. Other parts from the crashed vehicles were strewn across the busy roadway.
The other vehicle involved had damage to the front.
Bauer, 35, who now pitches for the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League, was not injured in the crash and was not at fault. The other driver was also not hurt and no one was taken to the hospital, officials said.
Ducks president Michael Pfaff confirmed that Bauer “avoided serious injury.” The pitcher had been in Arizona to get treatment for the back spasms that landed him on the injured list.
Bauer was driving the speed limit and in his lane when he was T-boned by the other driver, causing him to spin out, sources close to the former big leaguer told TMZ.
The former All-Star has been desperately trying to make a Major League Baseball comeback since he last played in 2021, when he faced sexual assault allegations and was later suspended for 194 games — reduced from 324 — for violating MLB’s domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse policy.
He was accused of punching and choking a woman into unconsciousness during two sexual encounters, but was never charged criminally and has always denied the allegations.
He later settled a civil lawsuit with the woman outside of court with no money exchanged between the two parties — but he has not found his way back onto a major league roster.
He spent the past three years pitching in Japan and Mexico. The Ducks are the first U.S. baseball club to pick up Bauer.
Read the full article here
