Narathiwat Governor Boonchuay Homyamyen told local media that authorities were investigating the sites of the attacks on Sunday, including the local government office and telecommunications towers and electrical poles.
There were no further attacks reported on Sunday morning, Boonchuay said, adding he did not have details on the injured.
The Narathiwat military command earlier announced a curfew from Saturday night until 6am Sunday.
A vehicle was stolen from the office of a subdistrict administrative organisation in Narathiwat during one of the attacks that left the building in flames, ISOC said.
The burned-out pickup truck was later found left on a road.
Insurgents in the deep south regularly carry out attacks on security officials and government property, including ahead of visits by officials to the region.
Last month, assailants killed five soldiers in a shooting and bomb attack at a checkpoint in Narathiwat.
Thai Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and members of his cabinet are scheduled to make a two-day visit to the city of Hat Yai in southern Songkhla province next week to discuss investment projects, flooding prevention and security issues, his office said Saturday.
Read the full article here
