NBA All-Star Weekend has drawn mixed reviews, but whenever the league’s biggest stars come together for a few days, it always has the makings of something historic.
Arriving for the festivities on Sunday despite being sidelined with an injury, Golden State Warriors superstar Stephen Curry addressed the media and revealed some big news. After watching Portland Trail Blazers veteran Damian Lillard capture his third three-point contest title on Saturday night, Curry made an announcement of his own.
The four-time champion said he is “already scheduled” to compete in next year’s three-point contest — and he hopes to bring Lillard back with him, along with former Warriors teammates Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant.
“We’re going to bring some people. Me, Dame, I’ll try to get Klay. Kev. Let’s go,” Curry said.
More news: Giannis Antetokounmpo Sends Clear Message on Future With Bucks
More news: LeBron James Sends Clear Message on Retirement Plans
Curry is widely regarded as the greatest shooter in NBA history, having knocked down more than 4,350 career three-pointers across the regular season and postseason.
He ranks No. 1 on the league’s all-time list — a mark he has held for over four years — and reached the top spot in roughly 500 fewer games than Ray Allen, who previously held the record. In 2024, Los Angeles Clippers guard James Harden surpassed Allen and now sits No. 2 on the list.
However, while Curry may be the greatest shooter the game has ever seen, the crown for three-point contest success arguably belongs to Lillard.
Lillard’s three titles in the event tie Larry Bird and Craig Hodges for the most in contest history. Stephen Curry, meanwhile, has captured the trophy twice — and getting him back in the competition would certainly draw even more eyes.
More news: Victor Wembanyama Envisions Being Face of NBA
Read the full article here

